Selling in 6™ C&I Platinum Edition + Segment Guides
- Learn how to sell energy projects more effectively with 6-minute lessons online, on-demand.
- Cost-effective, time-efficient and easy to deploy. The trade press calls Selling in 6™ a “sales manager’s dream.”
- More than 25 years of energy-focused sales experience have been distilled into hundreds of visually engaging 6-minute lessons.
About Selling in 6™ C&I Platinum Edition + Segment Guides
Selling in 6™ provides energy-solutions-specific professional sales training delivered in six-minute lessons that are accessible via smartphone, tablet, or any other internet-connected device. Lessons can be viewed or simply listened to. They are keyword-searchable, can be assembled into custom playlists, and, can be reviewed as often as needed. Each section of the curriculum features questions that check for understanding. The course content blends the instructor’s nearly 30 years’ experience selling energy solutions with the accumulated input of more than 11,000 energy professionals who have taken Selling Energy’s training so far. This program includes live/virtual access to the instructor via monthly two-hour Mastermind Group Coaching Conference Calls and one-on-one coaching via scheduled 30-minute Zoom calls; tip sheets and templates; and other supporting resources.
Segment Guides™ is a licensed online database that provides energy professionals with the jargon, yardsticks, and sound bites they need to establish credibility with their prospects and customers. Connecting the dots between energy projects and non-utility-cost financial and non-financial benefits is an important dimension of this database. With Segment Guides™, energy professionals will find it easier to open a conversation, or revitalize a stalled one, with confidence.
Segment Guides™ currently features insights, jargon, yardsticks, and success stories for 24 segments:
- Bakery Goods & Snack Processing
- Biotechnology & Laboratories
- Commercial Real Estate
- Data Centers
- K-12 Schools
- Large Assembly
- Meat & Poultry Processing
- Parking Garages/Lots
- Senior Living
- Service Retail
- Warehouses & Cold Storage
- Water Distribution/ Wastewater Treatment
- Bonus Resource: Digits to Widgets downloadable worksheet
After completing this course,
you will be able to:
- Utilize the jargon, yardsticks, profit margins, trade organizations, trade journals for 24 different market segments
- Understand the connection between various energy solutions and the outcomes that each of these segments truly value (includes citations and hyperlinks to original sources that prove those connections)
- Understand and communicate the utility-cost-financial, non-utility-cost financial, and non-financial benefits of a proposed energy solution
- Identify the market segments and roles that represent your most promising targets
- Modify benefits of a proposed energy solution so that they can be measured with market segment-specific yardsticks your customers use to measure their own success
- Explain projected energy savings to customers in the context of their day-to-day operations to make the benefits more compelling
- Concisely communicate your value proposition to capture and retain your decision-maker's attention
- Demonstrate how financial metrics other than simple payback period can more effectively prove the merits of an expense-reducing investment
- Anticipate and overcome more than 65 myths and objections that can stall or stymie project approval
- Assemble and use a “Success Story Archive” and an “Objections Archive” to empower you and the rest of your sales team to get more proposals approved
- Skillfully prevail when faced with "three bids syndrome"
- Coordinate your marketing and sales efforts so that they genuinely support each other
What people saying
“Selling Energy is the most comprehensive, insightful, and focused training system for today's energy technology professional. Mark's Selling in Six system is unparalleled in the online training world. Join top producing energy professionals learning what's important to the energy services buyer with Selling Energy. ”
“Mark's training encourages salespeople to think comprehensively. He leaves no stone unturned when evaluating selling to a potential client. Mark finally teaches presenting a proposal in a concise form to grab their attention.”