Format: Online, on-demand streaming.
Length: ~ 32 hours.
To bring this powerful learning experience to everyone, we recorded Mark in action over the course of a recent four day Boot Camp. Now long-time supporters of Selling Energy who’ve always wanted to take their skills to the next level can finally become Sales Ninjas by taking part in the Efficiency Sales Professional Boot Camp!
The Efficiency Sales Professional™ (ESP) Certificate Program is 32 hours of training on sales, efficiency, financial analysis, and personal productivity that will help you become an efficiency sales ninja and turbocharge your success. Efficiency sales ninjas…
- Find the highest-value targets and capture their attention
- Map the decision-making chain and skillfully assess motivations
- Concisely communicate value and artfully blend emotion and logic to neutralize objections
- Replace myths with math and escape the clutches of simple payback period
- Perform in ways that achieve results and merit emulation
This Boot Camp is presented by Mark Jewell, a Wall Street Journal best-selling author and nationally recognized subject matter expert, coach, and speaker focused on applying energy efficiency to create value. He supports other professionals and organizations in overcoming the barriers to implementing projects. His experience includes over 30 years in commercial real estate and 20 years in energy efficiency.
Virtual Attendee: Join Mark Jewell from the comfort of your home or office for just $83.25/month, billed annually at $999 per person. This single-user license grants a full year’s access to 32 hours of online content, plus the course materials and follow-up bonus content outlined below. Training materials will arrive at your specified mailing address approximately 10 business days after date of order.
Who should attend?
Efficiency products dealers and distributors, architects, engineers, mechanical and electrical contractors, energy-efficiency specialists, HVAC and lighting designers, building owners and managers, utility representatives, commissioning authorities, and anyone else whose success depends on the successful advocacy of efficiency projects.
More than a thousand energy professionals have completed our Efficiency Sales Professional Boot Camp training since its 2012 debut. Countless graduates have shared their post-Boot Camp sales successes, so we know this program helps salespeople fundamentally reframe their value propositions, shorten their sales cycles, and improve their closing ratios.
We’ve seen graduates triple their income after applying what they learned. Others have achieved national sales awards within their organizations. Still others have restructured their whole sales process, ensuring that all stakeholders within their organizations are “singing from the same songbook” when it comes to segment-focused selling, elevator pitches, one-page proposals, and the like.
Last year more than 6,000 professionals attended a one- or two-day sales training with us. Based on those post-training surveys, we know that for every past graduate of our Boot Camp, there are a half-dozen others who wanted to attend a more advanced training, but just couldn’t spend four days away from the office.
Program Format and Privileges:
- One year access to 16 video modules, recorded live during four consecutive in-person training days, presented in 2 hour segments.
- One year of post-training support via the Selling Energy Mastermind Group monthly coaching calls (a $348 value)
- One year of online/on-demand access to the Financial Analysis of Energy Efficiency Projects online training (Fundamental, Intermediate, and Advanced) (a $350 value)
- ESP Playbook binder pre-loaded with exercises, tools, templates, and more
- A copy of the Wall Street Journal best seller Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas that Get More Projects Approved!
- Ongoing access to the Selling Energy App™ (available for iPhone, iPad, and Android)
- A Certificate of Completion (awarded at training completion)
- Authorized use of the Efficiency Sales Professional logo for proposals, marketing materials, resumes, and business cards (distributed at training completion)
Reminder: Please add your shipping address to the notes field during checkout so we can mail out your training materials. Your shipment will arrive within ten business days.
Here’s how it will work…
- Easy-to-view modules. This online course was recorded during a live four-day Boot Camp held in San Diego, CA in 2017. Four sessions were taped per day, each approximately 2 hours long. Because the resultant online training is broken into 16 segments, online students can take breaks as needed, and complete the material in manageable chunks.
- Access Online/On-demand training for 1 year. Virtual attendees can experience the program at any desired pace. For example, students might view one Boot Camp day each Saturday for four weeks, or one two-hour module after work each day for 16 days. Each virtual attendee will receive a single-user license to view these recordings as often as desired over the course of one year.
- Identical visual and audio as experienced in-person. The virtual audience views the same slides and videos shown at in-person Boot Camp events, ensuring a comparably robust educational experience.
- Identical course materials and post-training bonuses as in-person attendees receive. Virtual attendees will receive all the benefits of attending Boot Camp in-person, with the obvious exception of the professional headshot. For example, the 500+ page Boot Camp binder containing the course materials, and the online/on-demand financial analysis training sessions will be provided to each virtual participant. (Please include your preferred mailing address in the Order Notes field during checkout, so we can ship out your binder.)
- Certificate of Completion. Students who complete all 16 sessions of the Boot Camp will receive a Certificate of Completion. Our Online Learning Management System allows students to easily track their progress, and resume right where they left off, to facilitate an effective and enjoyable online learning experience.
- Ongoing “live” interaction opportunities. Since all Boot Camp alums are invited to participate in our Mastermind Group monthly coaching calls, online Boot Camp registrants will have ample opportunity to interact “live” with both the instructor and other Boot Camp graduates, for a full year.
- Cost-effective as well as time-efficient. The tuition for virtual attendance is just $999 per person, which includes all the benefits outlined below. This pricing represents a 70% discount off the normal in-person tuition.
- Alumni Rate. Past graduates of the Efficiency Sales Professional Boot Camp can attend virtually to “refresh” their skills for just $295 ($395 if a new course binder is needed). Email us for details.
- Terms. Registrants for this course are purchasing an individual, single-user, license to view the Boot Camp online course for one-year. Multiple individuals may view the Virtual Boot Camp in a group setting provided that each person in the group has properly registered and paid for an individual license to view this course.
Preview: What It Takes To Be A Sales Professional and How You Can Become One
The Efficiency Sales Professional Boot Camp is not your typical sales course.
The market is filled with sales programs that provide proven strategies for increasing leads, creating compelling value propositions, building client relationships, and closing sales. However, these programs are created for large and varied audiences selling everything from Italian leather shoes to jetliners. When it comes to applying sales principles to your own industry, it starts to get tricky. That’s why Selling Energy created the ESP Certificate Program, which artfully combines instruction on professional selling, financial analysis, segment-specific business acumen, and the energy efficiency industry.
It has been said that successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do, and that half-efforts do not produce half-results, they produce no results. This program requires your full commitment and engagement, which includes doing the pre- and post-class readings, being fully present and alert during the sessions, and attentively completing the exercises that support this curriculum. Graduates finish the ESP Certificate Program with new and valuable insights, skills, techniques, and tools that will turbocharge their success in advancing efficiency initiatives.
Section 1: Setting Yourself Up for Success
Module 1: Introduction to the ESP Program
Module 2: Anticipating and addressing myths and objections
Module 3: Getting in the mindset for success
Module 4: Optimizing your workspace and habits
Section 2: Identifying the Right Leads
Module 5: Finding the right decision‐makers in each segment
Module 6: Developing and refining your value proposition
Module 7: Generating leads
Module 8: Leveraging social media
Section 3: Catching the Attention of Your Ideal Prospects
Module 9: Understanding your prospects and building rapport
Module 10: Communication strategies
Module 11: Communication tactics
Module 12: Business etiquette
Section 4: Generating Compelling Value Propositions
Module 13: Business acumen/literacy
Module 14: Understanding and selling all of the benefits
Module 15: Sector-specific examples of benefits beyond utility cost savings
Module 16: Developing winning proposal
Section 5: Calculating Returns
Module 17: Selecting the most appropriate and compelling financial metrics
Module 18: Using life-cycle cost analysis
Module 19: Applying energy efficiency to landlord/tenant settings
Module 20: Project financing and finding the “free money”
Section 6: Seeing it Through
Module 21: Presenting a one-page financial summary as well as the cost of delay
Module 22: Delivering winning proposals and closing the sale
Module 23: Account development
Module 24: Bringing it all together