Financial Analysis of Energy Efficiency Projects (Hands-on Lab)
May 18, 2017 – Nashville, TN
It is much easier to secure funding for a proposed energy-saving project if all of the associated costs and benefits are properly quantified and the resulting financial return is compelling. This workshop will cover several approaches to calculating a project’s returns as well as the pros and cons of using various financial metrics when requesting capital. You will learn how to model expected cash outflows and inflows over time, how to calculate a project’s present value and other financial metrics, and how to generate compelling capital budgeting requests.
This workshop will include hands-on exercises, providing you with an opportunity to apply these concepts to real-life projects. You are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet device that is compatible with MS Excel.
You will be given access to the Financial Analysis of Energy Efficiency Projects online/on-demand workshop. All registrants are required to complete this training prior to the in-person session, or have a working knowledge of basic financial analysis terms and concepts. Knowledge of MS Excel is also recommended.
DATE and LOCATION:
May 18, 2017
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
The training will run from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM. Registration and breakfast will begin at 8:00 AM. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please include any special dietary needs in the cart page under “add a note to your order”.
Tennessee Electric Cooperative Assoc. (TECA)
2964 Sidco Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
- Understand and feel comfortable utilizing financial terms relating to energy efficiency capital budgeting
- Learn how to migrate the discussion from “popular” metrics to “proper” financial metrics when positioning expense-reducing capital projects for approval
- Understand which financial metrics are ideal when approving project(s) in either mutually exclusive or non-mutually exclusive decision-making situations
- Review and critique sample projects using the concepts presented
$498 – Qualified* participants pay just $249.
*To be eligible for this discount, your organization must be a member of TVA’s Preferred Partners Network.
Program fee includes:
- One year of post-training support via the Selling Energy Mastermind Group (a $348 value)
- Ongoing access to the Selling Energy App™ (available for iPhone, iPad, and Android)
- Complimentary continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be accepted for a full refund up to two weeks before the training. All class dates and locations are subject to change based on meeting minimum class sizes. TVA and Selling Energy will endeavor to provide as much advance notice as possible in the event that a particular class needs to be rescheduled.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 814-3744 for more information.
Note: By registering for this course, you grant permission to Selling Energy to use event photos and testimonials from this workshop for promotional and reporting purposes.