Format: Online, On-demand Streaming
Length: Approximately 4 hours
Most decisions are emotional decisions, and making efficiency-related purchases is no exception. Understanding what factors play a role in the decision-making process and knowing how to build rapport with your prospects and customers will vastly increase your odds of success. Learning to S.E.E. is a “pasta sampler” version of the more comprehensive Efficiency Sales Professional™ (ESP™) Program. This fast-paced program will provide you with the insights, focus, and skills you need to grow your market share, revenues, and profitability.
Who Should Attend: Whether you’re a home performance contractor, efficiency product dealer/distributor, energy efficiency specialist, HVAC/lighting designer, engineer, or architect, this training will arm you with the knowledge, tools, and wisdom to move more of your projects forward. This workshop features proven strategies for advancing energy efficiency in residential settings, with content specifically tuned to the unique challenges home performance contractors face, including how to lower project first costs by leveraging rebates and other incentives.
The companion textbook, The Learning to S.E.E. (Sell Efficiency Effectively) Playbook is only available for individuals enrolling in the online workshop. The Playbook contains copies of the workshop slides, tip sheets, templates, exercises, and other valuable reprints.
This program explores the following topics and more…
- Understanding and selling all of the benefits of enhanced efficiency (utility cost, non-utility-cost financial, and non-financial)
- Appreciating the differences in decision-making drivers among homeowners, landlords, and tenants
- Generating leads and networking
- Anticipating and addressing myths and objections
- Communication strategies and tactics, including the value of a well-crafted “elevator pitch”
- Understanding your prospects and building rapport
- Field-tested strategies for successful in-home selling
- Developing a one-page proposal
- Calculating a project’s true return, including life-cycle cost where applicable
- Distilling the costs/benefits into a concise one-page financial summary emphasizing the right metrics
- Finding and highlighting the “free money” to help reduce or eliminate first cost
- Selected additional topics on selling in HVAC markets (e.g., small commercial)
The Learning to S.E.E.: (Sell Efficiency Effectively) in Residential Settings Playbook is now available for pre-order! This companion textbook is currently in production, and we expect to have it to ship in late 2016. The Playbook is a hard bound textbook containing the slides Mark uses in the course. Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery, once the books are in house and ready to ship.
Registration is for a license to use these course materials on a PER-PERSON basis for one year. Access by unlicensed registrants is strictly prohibited. As the licensed registrant for this training, you are accountable for any illegal distribution of course content including sharing your log-on information with others, group viewing, posting copies of this material on the Internet or on a company server or intranet, and any other form of unauthorized sharing. If you need help registering other people for this course or using these training materials for your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that everyone may be properly registered. All training materials are covered by U.S. Copyright law and under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.